By Comfort, Alex; Read, Herbert; Ward, Colin; Honeywell, Carissa; Read, Herbert; Ward, Colin; Comfort, Alex
The booklet analyzes the tips of Herbert learn, Colin Ward, and Alex convenience to spotlight the function of anarchism in modern political idea and routine.
Read Online or Download A British anarchist tradition : Herbert Read, Alex Comfort and Colin Ward PDF
Best communism & socialism books
Opposed to the historical past of turning out to be uncertainty in regards to the destiny improvement of capitalism and within the face of battle, terror and poverty this publication asks: what will we need to recognize to avoid distress? What can do we do to accomplish stipulations of human diginity? And what needs to we are hoping for?
Vol. 1 Marx, 1835-43 - Doctoral Dissertation on Democritus and Epicurus; early journalism; relatives letters; poems, and so on.
"The German Left and the Weimar Republic" illuminates the background of the political left by means of featuring quite a lot of records on quite a few features of socialist and communist task in Germany. Separate chapters care for the coverage of Social Democracy out and in of presidency, the makes an attempt of the Communist get together to overthrow the Weimar Republic, after which later to oppose it.
This publication is anxious with the emergence in Europe over the centuries of desires and aspirations one of the negative and vulnerable for brand spanking new societies of justice and equality in keeping with universal possession and customary sharing. It levels from the Greek mythical excellent of an easy communal golden age of equals and the darkish truth of Spartan perverted communalism, to the cave in of Soviet communism and the abandonment via West eu socialist events in their dedication to rework ruling-class ruled capitalist societies into democratic, egalitarian socialist societies.
- Marx before Marxism
- Marx's 'Capital' and Capitalism Today Volume One
- Arguing for Socialism: Theoretical Considerations: Revised Edition
- A Difficult Road: The Transition to Socialism in Mozambique
- Rethinking the Red Scare: The Lusk Committee and New York's Crusade Against Radicalism, 1919-1923 (Studies in American Popular History and Culture)
Additional info for A British anarchist tradition : Herbert Read, Alex Comfort and Colin Ward
A British Anarchist Tradition 27 14. Ostergaard, ‘Resisting the Nation-State: The Pacifist and Anarchist Traditions’, p. 177. 15. Freedom, 17 May and 26 July 1947. 16. Nicolas Walter, ‘Nonviolent Resistance: Men against War’, Nonviolence, 63, 1963, p. 17. 17. April Carter, ‘Anarchism and Violence’, in J. Rowland Pennock and John W. Chapman (eds) Anarchism (NOMOS XIX) (New York: New York University Press 1978), p. 337. 18. See Anarchy 7, 1972, and 22, 1977, discussed in Martin Ceadel, Thinking about Peace and War (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987), p.
Rodney Barker, Political Ideas in Modern Britain (London: Methuen and Co. , 1978), pp. 7–10. 20. Barker, Political Ideas in Modern Britain, pp. 48, 49. 21. W. H. Greenleaf, The British Political Tradition Volume II. The Ideological Heritage (London and New York: Methuen, 1983), p. 415. 22. Greenleaf, The British Political Tradition Volume II, p. 3. 23. Greenleaf, The British Political Tradition Volume II, p. 464. 24. Greenleaf, The British Political Tradition Volume II, pp. 350–1. 25. 4, 1886), quoted in Colin Ward, Social Policy.
31. Angus Calder, The People’s War (London: Cape, 1969); Paul Addison, The Road to 1945: British Politics and the Second World War (London: Cape, 1975); Kenneth Morgan, The People’s Peace: British History 1945–1989 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990), quoted in Edgerton, Warfare State, p. 287. 32. Edgerton, Warfare State, p. 290. 33. Paul Addison ‘The Road from 1945’, pp. 5–27 in Peter Hennessy and Anthony Seldon (eds), Ruling Performance: British Governments from Attlee to Thatcher (Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1987), p.