By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This booklet is meant when you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this publication methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn directly throughout the whole publication, and by means of the tip should still think useful to manage any Mac server thrown their approach. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of alternative Unix-based servers, the ebook is prepared via initiatives for you to both begin studying at any aspect, skipping fabric you realize, or decide and select the chapters you’ll locate such a lot worthwhile in your personal paintings or procedure wishes. This task-oriented procedure additionally makes the publication invaluable as a common reference for all elements of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the e-book, particular emphasis is given to the recent beneficial properties of the newest free up, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll the way to combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the hot cellular entry good points, or find out how to set up an SSL certificates within the internet carrier, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and achieve what must get performed
- Thorough topic assurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level good points, command-line positive aspects, and possible choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand spanking new directors, emphasis on new good points for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for skilled IT and company directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key positive factors of Mac OS X Server, together with new prone reminiscent of cellular entry for iPhone integration and handle e-book Server
- The best method of fit your operating sort, together with GUI and command-line choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration innovations for a number of community and server configurations
- How to let each one required provider and all in their providers from begin to end
Who this publication is for
This publication is for directors drawn to an entire path on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older types, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all facets of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing companies
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community companies
- Configuring community prone for defense
- Managing consumer pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring deal with booklet Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail providers
- Setting Up companies for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing documents
- Setting Up Printing providers
- Backing Up Your info
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read Online or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Best client-server systems books
Major alterations were made to the MCSA and MCSE courses in an effort to offer a transparent occupation course for IT pros assisting home windows Server 2003. Sybex, winner of ''Best learn Guides'' in CertCities. com 2002 Readers' selection Awards, deals MCSA and MCSE applicants this thoroughly up-to-date variation to aid arrange for middle examination 70-290, dealing with and retaining a Microsoft home windows Server 2003 surroundings.
Content material: bankruptcy 1 creation to Messaging management (pages 2–52): bankruptcy 2 Designing a brand new trade 2007 process (pages 53–94): bankruptcy three Introducing trade Server 2007 (pages 95–134): bankruptcy four trade Server 2007 structure (pages 135–167): bankruptcy five fitting trade Server 2007 (pages 170–210): bankruptcy 6 Upgrading to switch Server 2007 (pages 211–245): bankruptcy 7 Administering trade Server 2007 (pages 248–277): bankruptcy eight trade administration Shell Primer (pages 279–313): bankruptcy nine trade association, Server, and Recipient administration (pages 315–352): bankruptcy 10 implementing Limits (pages 353–375): bankruptcy eleven handling Recipients (pages 377–464): bankruptcy 12 handling garage (pages 465–484): bankruptcy thirteen dealing with handle Lists (pages 485–506): bankruptcy 14 dealing with Mailbox content material (pages 507–525): bankruptcy 15 coping with Messages in Transit (pages 527–548): bankruptcy sixteen Public Folder management (pages 549–587): bankruptcy 17 Reliability and Availability one zero one (pages 589–618): bankruptcy 18 imposing Replication applied sciences (pages 619–651): bankruptcy 19 Backup and catastrophe restoration (pages 653–692): bankruptcy 20 helping Outlook 2007 (pages 693–721): bankruptcy 21 supplying E?
belief the easiest promoting respectable Cert advisor sequence from Cisco Press that can assist you examine, arrange, and perform for examination good fortune. they're equipped with the target of supplying evaluate, assessment, and perform to aid make sure you are absolutely ready on your certification examination. CCNA Cloud CLDFND 210-451 legit Cert advisor offers you with an geared up try out coaching regimen by utilizing confirmed sequence components and methods.
Modernize your IT abilities for the recent international of cloud computing! even if you're an IT administrator, developer, or architect, cloud applied sciences are remodeling your function. This advisor brings jointly the information you want to transition easily to Microsoft place of work 365 cloud-only and hybrid environments.
- MCSE Exam 70-294 Study Guide and DVD Training System: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App Controller
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrators Pocket Consultant
- Mastering Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Additional info for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
6, as shown in Figure 3–1. The tool you care about for this chapter is Server Admin, so double-click that, and you can get going. Figure 3–1. /Applications/Server/ folder Adding a Server to Server Admin Before you can manage a server in Server Admin, you have to add it to Server Admin. Thanks to Server Admin’s support for Bonjour, if you are on the same local network as the server, then the server will show up in the Available Servers section of Server Admin, as shown in Figure 3–2. Double-click your server in the list, enter the administrator username and password that you created in Chapter 2, and click the Connect button, as shown in Figure 3–3.
We prefer to use the Google servers in part because they do not (or have not yet) break DNS by providing results for domains that don’t exist and because the numbers are really easy to remember. Congratulations, DNS has been configured properly. Updating the Server Now that you know the server has been configured properly and DNS is working, you will want to run software update to ensure that the most recent software patches and updates have been applied to the services before you start configuring anything this.
Whichever password you choose, you will want to make sure it does not include spaces or common difficult characters (such as /, which is a folder divider); the reasoning behind this is OS X and its associated configuration and server tools will execute commands using the password provided to it, and in some instances things such as a space may trigger unexpected results in a script or program. 6 works with, it can still be a problem. 21 22 CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–11.