By Luigi Doria (auth.)
Read or Download Calculating the Human: Universal Calculability in the Age of Quality Assurance PDF
Best managerial books
With its tried-and-true framework and revered writer crew, Horngren/Harrison/Oliver’s monetary & Managerial Accounting is the depended on selection for teachers and scholars of rules of Accounting.
Diese Untersuchung leistet einen Beitrag dazu, über Systeme der Unternehmensbesteuerung nachzudenken, die mit einem am Konsum ausgerichteten Steuersystem vereinbar sind. Zunächst wird ein Kriterienkatalog für ein rationales Steuersystem aufgestellt. Dieser Kriterienkatalog dient als Bewertungsmaßstab für das gegenwärtige Steuersystem und die Reformvorschläge.
The way you deal with international tax matters could make or holiday a deal. achieve a greater figuring out of those matters with suggestions from PricewaterhouseCoopers' Mergers and Acquisitions: an international Tax advisor while a enterprise engages in a multinational merger or acquisition, facing a various set of transaction-related tax principles is likely one of the significant demanding situations to winning implementation.
- National Accounts and Economic Value: A Study in Concepts
- Corporate Finance
- Cost Accounting, 14th Edition
- Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing: A Simpler and More Powerful Path to Higher Profits
- Intellectual Property Assets in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Accounting and Regulation: New Insights on Governance, Markets and Institutions
Additional resources for Calculating the Human: Universal Calculability in the Age of Quality Assurance
23) with biological or cognitive science calculations. According to him, this trend can be seen in its typical form in a few major ﬁelds of scientiﬁc research that are intensely focused on trying to explain the overall well-being of the individual in terms of genetically determined brain mechanisms or of homeostatic balances or imbalances. The biogenetic sciences are considered by Brusa and Tarizzo (2009) as a ﬁeld in which arises the epidemiological dimension that, in its constant morphogenesis and its relationship with the above-mentioned economistic roots, characterizes the scene of the calculation of life.
One of the angles from which the ambiguous power of quality of life can be interpreted is that referring to the spread of governmental rationalities and the way in which these connect the increasingly precise diagnosis of the state of individual well-being and that of the population at large. Under the umbrella of quality of life (and of its measurement at the individual and population level) the construction of the ‘responsible subject’ occurs, which means conceptualizing the individual’s own responsibility and freedom in terms of capacity and duty to set up a diagnostic and evaluative inspection of his or her own life, in its entirety.
The socio-political character of the economy of qualities is thus linked to the open nature of qualiﬁcation and to the constitutively precarious and contestable nature of products and markets. Qualiﬁcation is understood as a movement that leads to the continuous Calculation, Quality and Life: A First Look 41 deconstruction and reconstruction of qualiﬁed objects. The making of markets is, therefore, exposed to a constant, reﬂective investigation that recursively reopens and restructures their boundaries43 (Callon, Méadel and Rabeharisoa, 2002; Callon and Muniesa, 2005).